Is Google making us stupid????

Man oh man, I wish the answer to this question would be in the negative but this is reality. How many of us so called techies do not use google in our day to day lives. I am sure the engineers at google themselves pride over the fact that they use their monster creation for day to day activities. After Google has come into our midst, it has left us in shambles. For example, even when I come across a simple error, I lookup google without even blinking an eye or giving my mind a whack at the error in front of me. The application of our minds is limited to thinking only when we do not have a computer stuffed in front of our faces. Google creators Larry Page and Sergey Brin thought they are helping mankind with this creation of theirs. But eventually this has turned out to become a Frankenstein like monster. It is making at least 75-80% of the americans stupid and not only americans are in this fray, we Indians are not so far behind. I would say we would be more or less in the 45-50% category of dummies using Google. Maybe a reason for this is the fact that not everyone can still afford a computer in India. I came across an excellent or wonderful article (cannot get the word I am looking for at the moment, maybe will have to search google for the right word) in the atlantic post recently:
Click+Google=Stupid
And I probably will write my next design pattern in the upcoming post. It might keep you readers thinking as to what is going on in my deranged mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Load Data into Azure DW using C# in an SSIS script task

Branding your SharePoint site in a super fast way - Emgage

Power BI To Embed Or Not To Embed